Here is a short list of the most common grants, tax-credits and financing options available to SBS-Solar customers. If you don’t see something you’ve heard of or are looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us.
NorthWestern Energy Solar PV Grant (expired Summer 2012)
• Due to huge reductions in Solar PV hard-costs in 2011-12, this grant is currently being revised by Northwestern Energy. A new incentive package should be release in late-2012 or early-2013. Feel free to contact SBS Solar directly for more information about our recently reduced Solar PV rates.
• Federal Energy Improvement Mortgage
• Alternative Energy Revolving Loan Program, MT DEQ – As of Fall-2012, this is a 10-year, 3.75% loan for up to $40,000. Up to 20% of total loan can be allocated to energy efficiency improvements.
Federal Tax Credits
• Residential 30% Renewable Energy Credit (thru 2016)
State (Montana) Credits
• Energy Conservation Installation Credit
• Residential Alternative Energy System Tax Credit
• Renewable Energy Systems Exemption
• Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Programs (as your local utility)